Sunday, December 18, 2005

Political censorship in Bush's USA

Freedom of speech (ideas and opinions) is supposedly the hallmark of democracy, and one of the things that every citizen of the USA seem to be extremely proud of. So imagine everyone surprise, when one of the classic books of communism, Mao's Little Red Book, not only is taken off the shelves, but a request for it makes strange things happen:

NEW BEDFORD -- A senior at UMass Dartmouth was visited by federal agents two months ago, after he requested a copy of Mao Tse-Tung's tome on Communism called "The Little Red Book." full story

Stories like this sends chills down my spine, making me wonder just how far Bush is allowed to go in echoing Soviet era control of the population. And I seriously wonder what it could be, that makes a book so dangerous that the government of "the land of the free" just won't let you read it. I should go to the library and put in a request for this book myself. Better yet - I should order it from Amazon.

No comments: