Saturday, November 12, 2005

Broken door lock


Someone tried to break into my car - with a screwdriver. The attempt tells me that either a) my car locks from 1986 are really good, or b) the people who tried to break in were amateurs, since they not only didn't get in, but they broke the lock in the process, or c) combination of both. According to a lock smith in Tartu, a whole bunch of other cars (he had MANY visitors that day) shared the experience the very same night, which makes me lean towards b). Anyway, time to implement some anti-theft measurements.

They had also made an attempt on the driver side, but destroyed the lock only partially. However, by the time I made it to Citymarket in Keminmaa, I had to open the back hatch and crawl to the front in order to open the locks. Thank goodness they didn't kill the back hatch. New locks have been ordered from Toyota.

2 comments:

Jared said...

I suspect the locksmith, going a little too far in trying to scare up some business.

A guy's gotta earn a crust somehow.

Nice pictures by the way..

albina N muro said...

It is imperative that we read blog post very carefully. I am already done it and find that this post is really amazing. GT Locksmith